Wednesday, May 12, 2010


Fun alphabet font I spotted on swissmiss
a few months ago.

So I did little cutting and pasting today
in honor of Children's Book Week
which I learned about via the Tattered Cover.


Then I saw this advertisement and
did a double-take
a new kind of story hour on the ipad?


I prefer reading the actual book...
I read to Miss Is every night.
We started with Mother Goose;
10 pages of rhymes a night
because rhymes help develop language skills.
Miss Is became quite a talker
and then a voracious reader...


another favorite...
it was especially fun to touch and feel the sculpture
of the ducklings in the Boston Public Garden


How wonderful is this photo?
Miss Is at Squam Lake.


We have books crammed into bookshelves all over the house.


It is still fun to pull out the old picture books.

Blogs have taken over a lot of my reading time.
It is nice to remember all the time I read to Miss Is when she was a little girl.
I just finished a very good book: Little Bee
Compelling and hard to forget.
I highly recommend it.
Each year I cull the shelves and donate to the library.
Got to make room for more books.
So many books, so little time.

Read and read and read to your children.
A gift that keeps giving...


No comments: