Sunday, August 24, 2008

Hello friends.
I am back from a wonderful two week break from my usual routine.
It was such a boost to my spirit and energy.
We started with some fun at the beach.
The weather was glorious.
Thanks to Jim for letting us stay at his house.
It was PERFECT.

the waves were fun

the water temperature was just right

then the jelly fish arrived


we bicycled everywhere
and performed a very interesting experiment -
more on that later in the week

  I got all sorts of projects done after
 a few restful days at the beach.  

The studio is shaping up - more organization, less clutter. 
 I even hired three great helpers. 
 I am so happy about this development. 

Lots of new frames in production.

Cake Rock Beach fabric designed by Joelle Hoverson

Did you know that Joelle is the founder of Purlsoho?
Joelle's sister Jennifer handles all of the fabric from the West Coast.

And did you know that Joelle was senior style editor 
at Martha Stewart Living?

I listen to books on tape while I work on the frames.
One of the books I listened to this summer was
The Martha Rules; 10 Essentials for Achieving Success as You
Start, Grow or Manage a Business
Martha writes about her experiences and other entrepreneurs such as Joelle.

It was fascinating to learn about Joelle Hoverson and how she built her business, 
purlsoho, a hip yarn store in NYC.
If you have not been to purlsoho or heard of it - 
check out the EYE CANDY on the web after you finish reading this post.
especially for those of you with fabric or yarn fetishes! (like me)
It is a worthwhile book to read if you are building a business.
 
Remember the woodgrain frames I showcased in early August.
Check out the pink woodgrain - fun
here it is in light pink
and a wild and bright fuchsia (not the best photo quality) 
The frames look great in person!
Faux bois is everywhere, on everything.
I just replaced my faux bois bag from FLEE
I liked it so much I bought the exact same one for this fall/winter.
I use a FLEE bag all summer too.

I will have lots of new frames on Etsy in the next few weeks

You can also find my frames in these wonderful boutiques

Sea Beans, Wilton, Connecticut
Mrs. Monogram, Bedford, New York
M Milestones, New Canaan, Connecticut
All She Wrote, Chicago, Illinois
All She Wrote, Winnetka, Illinois
The Fuchsia Frog, Birmingham, Michigan

The business is growing.
I have a design patent pending for the frames.
All very exciting.

If you know a store that I should pitch to, please let me know.

You can always contact me directly about purchasing frames.

2 comments:

Nantucket Mermaid said...

Glad you're back! I think I can truthfully say we all missed you...I like the new frames and go girl with your growing business! Time to quit the day job....me too! xo

pve design said...

Yes, indeed you were missed but so delighted that you had a nice rest.
Love Purl Soho, one of my favorite trips to the city.
Great tape - here is to growing!