Tuesday, February 10, 2009


The latest in the wonderful, colorful, clever, and extraordinary writing and art of 
Maira Kalman.
Look forward to each installment on the last Friday of every month
on line at the New York Times.
She has been turning up on the radar of lots of bloggers lately.
Don't miss it.

Here is earlier work:


 an illustrated blog for the New York Times in 2005 and 2006  
the series was eventually was published in book form.  Here is a review.  


I remember my eager anticipation for each new installment - just like the old days - a monthly series - always thinking after finishing a piece -what will she come up with next - never dissappointed - always entertained -  mind engaged - you will love her latest series.  Maira Kalman's blog was the first blog I ever read - I was hooked.  Who knew blogs would become such a big part of my life a couple of years later.


here's more from the talented, whimsical, philosophical, and ever so clever Maira Kalman - illustrated blog at the New York Times: January 2007 - April 2007.  
This series was wonderful too, but oh so short.   
I am so glad that she is back again.
i love this image
we had a triangular sink just like this in our west village 5th floor walk-up
that measured 350 sq feet in area 
 so the corner was a good space-saver.

1 comment:

annechovie said...

Yes, Maira is very clever and I love that pink chair illustration. Leafing through her book literally made me laugh out loud to myself. Great wit! Have a terrific week, Marnie!