Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Anatomy of a board (again)
or
A Work in Progress

Jennifer Paganelli of Sis Boom fame layed out the fabric
took a photo
gave it to me as a template.
Then I cut up the fabric into 8 x 10 pieces,
matched the photo layout exactly,
and went to work.

Started the patchwork process;
a few goofs,
had to add an additional width of rectangles and 
another full length of rectangles 
so it would fit on the 40" x 45" board.

voila

and here is the layout on the board 
with ribbon lattice work

beautiful
and so big...
look at it next to the door
and here it is in Jennifer's kitchen
true colors are the ones in the outside photo
wait 'til you see the finished product...
oh, the suspense...
I will post a picture of the end result soon.

5 comments:

Nantucket Mermaid said...

It's fab! And it looks finished to me....xo

vicki archer said...

This is gorgeous - and I agree totally finished! xv

pve design said...

Way to go - looks so cheery!

annechovie said...

What a stunning board, Marnie. You did a wonderful job!I hope you have a special Mother's day weekend.

Unknown said...

oh my!
it's just gorgeous!!!!