Thursday, January 27, 2011

My house on Christmas Day 2010
January 27, 2011
We haven't had snow like this since 1995
beautiful whiteness this morning
blue dawn
sounds muffled
coffee ready
Garden shed today and a month ago
Someone told me recently to look up and look out,
there is beauty all around us.

This morning I saw the lovely meringue cap on the lamppost above
see how the top twirls up to a point.
lovely

I thought it might be fun to chart the snow piles with the weathervane
Early December above - then it all melted
one week ago - January 19, 2011
look in the center of this photo
see the post sticking up out of the snow mound

January 27, 2011
You cannot even see the weathervane
Looking from my perch as I compose this entry;
the lattice has a whole new design.

Look up and look out;
there is beauty all around you.

2 comments:

Michelle Murphy said...

Beautiful! Esp. love the lamppost meringue.
Thanks, Marnie!

My Notting Hill said...

Looks beautiful. What a difference a month makes. We finally got snow here in DC.