Thursday, March 25, 2010


This winter I did a series on the artists in my family:
here and here and here and here

and now for the latest installment

TA-DA
the work of the one and only
miss is,
my lovely daughter,

who is 18 today.
Happy Birthday Sweetie!

We have a tradition of making our own cards for birthdays
and Valentine's Day.
And for the last few years miss is created special artwork
as Christmas presents.

Last year I received the charming vignettes above
to illustrate our monthly activities.
I love it.
This happy piece hangs proudly in my day-office cube.
Gotta spice that place up!


Below is the Christmas present from 2008.
I made a little book with the watercolor sketches.
It is a work in progress...
I plan to add rings or ribbon to hold the book together.

We campaigned for Obama as a family.
Here I am making calls to Pennsylvania voters
miss is and dh canvassing in Rhode Island
Campaign headquarters - downtown Philly


Voter registration in Philly on Easter weekend
We hung out on a street corner in North Philly
trying to get people to register to vote in the primary.


and our invitation to the inauguration
(along with millions of other people)
We watched from the comfort of our cozy cottage in Connecticut

No comments: