Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Felted Wonders


Cover of Betz White's latest book


Betz White came up with these great felted cupcake pincushions.

I found directions are on her blog
and made a felted cupcake for my niece
who loves to sew. 
Then I paired the cupcake pincushion 
with a gift certificate to J Caroline Fabrics
for her birthday.
I have been saving sweaters to make a few more.
(no picture because I had not gone down the blog hole yet!)


Check out this draft stopper!

You can read an interview with Betz White on True North here
Purl Bee also has a story here
Betz will be teaching a class at purlsoho in nyc
on April 18 from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
you can learn how to make these pins



2 comments:

littlebyrd said...

I saw this book online the other day and thought it looked interesting. I am intriqued more after reading your post! I have so many sweater scraps left over from making my hats. Perhaps they could be put to good use!

pve design said...

If you only lived next door, I would be at your door every day to borrow a book or a cup of something good. You always have such great inspiration.