Saturday, November 13, 2010

Here is a photo of my favorite space at the Southport Rooms with A View last weekend . The room is by Libby Cameron, a Parish-Hadley alum. I forgot my camera but luckily I found these photos at StacyStyle blog - click on the link and you can see photos of all the spaces.

The walls were covered in framed drawings by Albert Hadley.
The book shelf on the right held some terrific titles,
including one book I never heard of:
A Decorators Notebook by Derek Patmore
published in 1952

Patmore "intended it to be a decorating primer for the masses" or
rather an English version of Dorothy Draper,
"but more erudite" as stated in the 1st edition comment on Nick Harvill's Libraries
This would be just the book to find at Baltimore's Book Thing.
click here to see all Meg's (of Pigtown Design fame) finds
at the Book Thing

The walls were covered in simple black and white patterned paper
with a touch of red in the grosgrain red ribbon trim at the
ceiling and wall edges.
Then there were other charming details like
the old Maxwell House tin coffee can with paint brushes,
a well worn hooked rug,
and there were lots of
wise old owls.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for linking to my photos! I love your take on Libby's space!

Pigtown*Design said...

haha! as soon as i saw that book, i thought, i bet i can find it at book thing! you crack me up!

good luck in DC!